12.28.2009

Ho Ho Ho!

Life has been rather busy lately.

Two weeks ago, Jeff and I went to my Christmas party for work. I was dreading it, but we put on our happy faces and went. I made the most delicious brownies ever. No joke. In fact, they were so good that they were all devoured and Rosa scraped all the extra off the pan. So, when I took the pan home, there was no denying that she'd drug her finger all over it to pick up the bits of brownie that stuck to the pan.

On the bright side, we each put in $3 to play the game "Left, Right, Center" and Jeff and I ended up winning the jackpot - $48. Not bad!

I got a necklace and earrings from Rosa, a jewelry box from Jen, two movie passes from Dominic, coasters, and an adorable tea cup, matching saucer, and pack of flavored tea from Kamisha. Not to mention a big box of chocolates from one of the participants. I thought those were all very sweet gifts.

That night, we were invited to go to Jen's house for her Christmas party, but we already had plans. Jeff's friend was getting out of the AF, so we went to his little party. It was kind of fun. I finally met his troop, Angeles and another girl named Melody. I really liked Melody, so I invited her to our Christmas Eve dinner - since she was new in town and a single mom of two kids.

The work week was short - thank God! I got done an hour early on Wednesday and only had to work for two hours on Thursday because we had a low census and Eva had to send people home. Then, I had Christmas day off.

Wednesday night, I cleaned the house and got what I could ready for Christmas Eve.

When I got done on Thursday, I raced home, baked a pumpkin and a cherry pie. Then, I started to set up and cook dinner.

People started showing up at around 5:30. We had Angeles and her boyfriend, Denise and her two kids, and Melody and her two kids. It was nice. I made white chicken enchiladas and Spanish rice. Jeff made shredded beef tacos. It turned out really well.

My mom wanted me to open my present from her and Dad on Christmas Eve, so I did. I about wet my pants when I saw that they sent me a KITCHENAID STAND MIXER!! I don't think that anyone can really understand my obsession with them. I am so happy! I can't wait to use it. :)

Thankfully, everyone left before 9. We were absolutely worn-out!

Jeff actually woke up before me on Christmas. We brushed our teeth, started some coffee, turned on the TV to the channel with the fireplace and Christmas music, then we opened our gifts.

It was a great Christmas. Jeff got me a bamboo pepper mill, which I have really wanted to buy.

Also, I got a Rachael Ray garbage bowl. That was an awesome gift because I've been wanting one. Sure, I could just use the garbage can, but I never think to grab it until I've already opened the chicken package and there is poultry juice dripping all over. So, the garbage bowl was absolutely perfect for me.

He bought me the movie "Julie and Julia." It is adorable. I have been walking around the house saying, "bon appetit" and "boeuf bourguinon" for the past three days now.


My favorite gift from him was a magnetic spice rack. It is the coolest thing ever and I'd been planning to just make one myself since they are kind of pricey. He saved me the effort. :)

Lastly, he got me an AeroGarden with the seeds to start an Italian herb garden. I love it!

I got him rudder pedals for his game, Aces High 2, the movie "Step Brothers," because he loves it, some Jack Daniels, a hat, and Whiskey Stones (little stones that you put in your drink in place of ice - so they don't melt and water down your drink), and some underwear - because they are practical and he needed them. :)

His brother got him some shirts, some stickers for his Jeep, and a gift card. Then, of course, my parents sent him a ton of cheese and sausage, which we have been enjoying. :) He still has more gifts coming from his family.

We were both very happy.

I made biscuits and gravy with sausage and eggs for Christmas morning breakfast. Then, for dinner, we went to his friend Amanda's house. We had a really nice time there. We watched the movie "Four Christmases," which turned out to be pretty funny. Except for the fact that my dear lover, Tim McGraw, looked like white trash in the movie. Oh well.

Saturday and Sunday we just lounged around and watched movies and Dexter. It was perfect.

He took me to Macaroni Grill for dinner last night since he had a gift card. Ugh, I have some working out to do. I am happy to report, though, that I survived Thanksgiving AND Christmas with a less than two pound weight gain. That is astonishing for me. Say what you want, but I am very proud of myself because sweets and I go together like bread and butter. I couldn't resist them. However, I worked out as often as possible.

This week, I have Friday off. Yay! We are going over to the King's house on New Year's Eve to play games and snack. It should be fun. They are nice people.

Tomorrow after work, I am supposed to go to Le Cordon Bleu to meet with the admissions office to see about attending school there. It is just an option. I decided that yes, I could be a nurse and make pretty good money, but would I be happy? Doubtful. I've had my fair share of health care. It is time for me to move on and find something that I'm passionate about. I just want to be happy.

So, we will see what happens with this. Hopefully not another disappointment when it comes to financial aid.

I'll keep you posted though.

Adios!

No comments: